Guide to Selling Your Property
Buying or selling a house can be an exciting yet often daunting experience. The Wye Partnership aim is to make your transaction a painless and successful one.
The Wye Partnership is one of the most successful estate agents in the area and our partners have over 100 years combined experience. Our staff are highly trained, they have an in-depth understanding of the local property market and will advise and support you through the process of selling your home from start to finish.
Keeping you informed about the progress of your sale is an absolute priority for The Wye Partnership and we will always be available to talk through any aspect, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
If you’re not sure how it works, this guide will take you through the process of selling your property.
The first step to selling your home with Wye is to meet with one of our Partners or Senior Sales Management Team. We will talk through how to promote your property’s best features and give you a realistic valuation. This service is provided completely free of charge and without obligation.
If you haven’t already found a solicitor to act for you it is a good idea to do some research on local firms and their charges at this stage. We are happy to advise you on popular local solicitors.
Meanwhile we will start work as follows:
We will take top quality, high resolution, wide-angle internal and external photographs presenting attractive and informative images to your potential buyers.
We will measure the property and produce 2D or 3D floor plans, the choice is yours. Our revolutionary software creates stunning 3D images of your property and brings it to life in a way that two dimensions never can. Using this system also enables buyers to gauge the proportions and layout of your home quickly and effortlessly. They can even see how it might look with a range of different furnishings and colour schemes.
We’ll arrange for an accredited assessor to visit your property and produce an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), if you do not already have one (all properties must have a valid EPC in order to be marketed for sale or let).
A lot of work goes on behind the scenes to ensure that your property is effectively marketed and will achieve maximum exposure. Here are a just a few of the steps we take. For every property we represent we will:
- Produce either an A4 or A3 full colour brochure with a full written description, photographs, 2D or 3D floor plan and EPC graph.
- Add the property to our eye catching LED illuminated window and rotated on our display monitors.
- List the property on our own website (wyeres.co.uk). The software behind our website and linked database enables us to send your property details to all suitable buyers at the click of a button, using their preferred method of communication. The site has intuitive navigation, extensive information about every property, floor plans, street view, school information and details of local amenities.
- Actively market your property through our Park Lane office in London and The Guild Property network across the Country, reaching out to an extensive audience.
- Advertise on all the major property portals. This includes Rightmove, Zoopla and PrimeLocation.
- We offer an optional, fully accompanied viewing service. We agree all appointments with you first (they will also be confirmed by email), and when required, a member of the sales team will show the potential buyer around your home.
- Our staff will ensure they fully understand all aspects of your home before accompanying a prospective buyer and are highly experienced in selling property from viewing to completion.
- We request feedback from every viewing and make positive recommendations for any changes that may help achieve your sale.
- There is no additional charge for this service.
- To ensure our clients are always up to date, we provide prompt feedback from viewings and regular updates.
- We have invested in an online ‘vendor system’. Anyone selling a property with us can log-in any time of day or night to see feed-back on their viewings and updates on their sale. This is updated frequently throughout the day so you always have access to the very latest information.
- Weekly reports can be sent (via email) on request. These include a summary of:
- website hits (how many people have looked at your property online)
- calls/enquiries made
- viewing arrangements
- viewing feedback
- letters produced
- how many times we have sent your details out to interested parties by email
- how many property brochures we have given out
- confirmation of any offers received (although we will already have discussed this with you)
After we have found your buyer
- Once you have accepted an offer, we will take the property off the market and no longer advertise it for viewings.
- We will send confirmation of the final offer to you in writing.
- We may still need to provide access to the property for surveys, mortgage valuations etc. on your behalf as your sale moves forward.
- We will deal with paperwork, monitor the chain (of buyers selling their old home and sellers buying their new home) and keep you fully up to date.
- We will work on your behalf to ensure the sale is progressed efficiently, communicating with you, your buyer, the solicitors and other agents in the chain until you can finally complete on your sale.
Upon The Receipt Of An Offer We Qualify It
The Wye Partnership pride ourselves in making sure all offers you receive on your property are ‘qualified’ correctly which will increase the chances of your sale completing. Unfortunately a certain percentage of property sales fall through once they have been agreed, costing sellers time, money and stress. At Wye our fall through rate is less than 5%, so 19 out of 20 sales that we agree, go through to completion!
There are 2 key areas that we check in order to qualify an offer:
- The buyers financial position
- The chain beneath them (if applicable)
It is important to make sure they can actually afford the price they are offering before entering into negotiations with them. Weask all potential buyers to speak to our trusted independent mortgage broker and to see proof of their deposit OR ask to see a copy of their mortgage agreement in principle (AIP) and proof of deposit. Obviously not all buyers will require a mortgage and we will request a copy of their bank statement showing evidence of the funds. There are also buyers who will use cash proceeds from the sale of their own house and we will then ‘check the chain’.
If the person who has offered on your property has a property to sell, which is under offer, it’s important that your agent ‘checks the chain’. This will involve speaking to every estate agent (and Solicitor where possible) in the chain below and confirming the current situation; checking when the sale was agreed, that solicitors are instructed, the mortgage valuation has been carried out and a mortgage offer issued. Wye carries out all of these checks BEFORE we advise you on the suitability of the buyer!